Senior Lecturer for basso continuo and improvisation
Application deadline: Thursday, April 16, 2020
At the Joseph Haydn Department of Chamber Music, Early Music and Contemporary Music of the mdw – University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna, the following position is to be filled as of October 1st, 2020:
Senior Lecturer (f/m/d)
for basso continuo and improvisation.
Extent of employment: fully employed (100 %)
Contract: permanent employment according to the collective agreement
Minimum remuneration: According to the collective agreement, the gross monthly salary is at least € 2.929,00 (14 times). In the case of previous work-related experience, an entry-level salary of max. 3.472,40 gross is possible.
Employment requirements: The prerequisite for employment is a completed diploma or master’s degree in harpsichord or equivalent proof of expertise.
- Artistic activity in the field of early music at an international level
- Diverse stylistic proficiency in accompanying forms from the 16th to 18th centuries
- High level of expertise in the research of historical sources and their practical implementation
- Pedagogical mediation skills (teaching experience desired)
- Ability to work in a team
- Lessons in the area of basso continuo as a major (major in the basso continuo course) and compulsory subject as well as in style-related improvisation (including partimento)
- Chamber music and ensemble lessons
- The course is held with “source studies in basso continuo and source and literature studies in harpsichord“
- As well as participation in organizational, administrative and evaluation tasks.
Application deadline: April 16, 2020
Applications must be submitted in electronic form via the mdw application portal https://www.mdw.ac.at/bewerbungsportal. All documents must be uploaded directly to the portal in PDF form.
The mdw – University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna is committed to the equal treatment of all qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, world-view, age, or disability.
The University is particularly interested in increasing the percentage of women working in the artistic, scientific and general university personnel ranks. It therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
It should be specifically mentioned, however, that applicants who are invited to the audition will not receive remuneration from the university for incurred travel and hotel expenses.
Rector: Mag.a Ulrike Sych